Friday, May 21, 2010

Trickster Energy

Before my Bipolar diagnosis, when I was acting all crazy and dressing up as Madame Glinka and generally breaking rules and creating minor havoc whenever and wherever possible, a close friend who knew about indigenous cultures and spirituality called me a Trickster. The Trickster archetype shows up in many cultures in guises such as The Joker, The Wise Fool, animal spirits such as Coyote or Raven, etc.

The clowns I paint and draw are Tricksters, though I sense that their energy is currently muted (for now!). More glitter needed???

I got this description of the Trickster archetype of a link called Crystalinks.com:

The trickster is an important archetype in the history of man. He is a god, yet he is not. He is the wise-fool. It is he, through his creations that destroy, points out the flaws in carefully constructed societies of man. He rebels against authority, pokes fun at the overly serious, creates convoluted schemes, that may or may not work, plays with the Laws of the Universe and is sometimes his own worst enemy. He exists to question, to cause us to question not accept things blindly. He appears when a way of thinking becomes outmoded needs to be torn down built anew. He is the Destroyer of Worlds at the same time the savior of us all.

Cool, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Know what, I think I'm a trickster, too. Yes, it is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Wendy, I think you're a trickster too! Thanks for reading, and for the compliment about my jeans!

    :-) AlbGlinka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take that as a compliment.
    :)

    More glitter needed? ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete