Thursday, May 13, 2010

Magik Meds

First off, thanks to all my friends from the old AOL Journal Days for reading and following this new venture: your comments mean a tremendous amount to me!!!

I hope to eventually connect with others who are living with Bipolar Disorder as well-- I have to do some social networking on other sites for that, I think.
Today's main errand is to pick up refills of my beloved meds. (It's my Saturday, YAY!) I've been popping psych meds since June 1998. THEY HAVE SAVED MY LIFE. I had to capitalize that sentence! Prior to my diagnosis and meds, I was cycling between hypomania-- which is a speedy mood with many of features of mania, two prior manic psychotic episodes in '90 and '94 which were misdiagnosed (!), and depression. I was coping and surviving and appearing relatively normal all the while, except for those two prior little psychotic breaks, OY, OY, OY!
Contrast that to life on meds with therapy, regular sleep, a kick-ass support system of friends and family, some 12-step action, etc... No psychotic breaks, no mania, and less and less of that buzz of hypomania-- for 11 YEARS.
Stick that in your bonnet, Tom Cruise!!!!!
I am so deeply grateful for this return to Sanity, and that is what I want to share in this blog and beyond!
There was one close call... involving pot... subject matter for another post.

3 comments:

  1. thank the heavens for your meds & tom cruise can BITE MY BIG BUTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I am grateful FOR you and for you! I was wondering where this blog was and I never thought to go back to your profile and look to see that you've added one. Sorry I'm late getting over here. luv Syd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted the link to journal at your other blog. Now that I've found it, I can stay updated.

    ReplyDelete