Thursday, June 17, 2010

Clothes, Clothes, Clothes

A perk of my new position is a clothing allowance. I chose a new suit, which just got delivered yesterday. Yayness!

The photo at left is of a model, not me. :-)

Suits have been the bane of my existence for so long, starting with when I was a young lad... my parents bought me my first suit on the cheap: a burgundy courderoy!!!! Oy Oy Oy! Most likely from the clearance rack. I did actually use the jacket as a blazer in art school and liked it. But it was a far cry from Brooks Brothers!

Then there was this hideous cheap wool pinstripe that I bought for a funeral when I was about 24... it ended up in the back of my closet full of cat hair until I finally chucked it.
When I was doing movie extra work, I often was asked to play some kind of business person because of my look. When you're a movie extra you usually have to bring your own wardrobe, including a couple of choices, unless it's a period piece of some sort. I was forever scouring Goodwill for something I could get away with-- I never felt confident in what I bought there, yet I never sprang for a "real" suit.
Suits are for grown-ups. At age 52, is that what I finally am?


2 comments:

  1. If you aren't by 52, you never will be.

    Personally, I'd vote for never growing up. This 'being adult' shite is for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ Wil. I wish I could mix all of the freedom of being an adult with all of the freedom of being a kid and then toss out all of the restrictions. It's nice to have a dream, huh. As for the suit- NICE! I would kill for a few tailored suits- one black and one white. Not the business-y kind but more the sexy/fancy dinner kind. Enjoy it, Albert!

    ReplyDelete